My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.justeffing.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 14, 2008

The Silver Screenwriting Competition


Happy Friday, Wavers. Have we all gotten used to the time change this week? I know the Wave-inatrix is sleeping in way later than she should although one can never under-estimate the power of beauty sleep when you're over 40. YES the Wave-inatrix is over 40. Shocking, I know. I seem so youthful and dewy. Good genes.

The Script Department took a vote and decided, ironically, to go with one of our original ideas - The Silver Screenwriting Competition. We listened carefully to the many great prize recommendations and have incorporated many of your ideas. We will be formally announcing the competition in a couple of weeks. We need time to make sure that the infrastructure of the competition is top notch so that we're not some lame, fly-by-night competition but a really valuable, professional new competition on the scene.

However, the Script Department (okay, I) would like to reward to Rouge Wavers who had particularly funny and interesting suggestions for the competition, with a $25 Amazon gift certificate each for their contributions.

And those two Rouge Wavers are:

Wenonah - Citizen Script
A.Nonymous - The Golden Grapefruit

Wenonah, I have your contact information, look for your prize momentarily, and A.nonymous, you need to email me at julie@thescriptdepartment.com to collect your prize.

That's it, Wavers - carry on.

If you enjoyed this post, follow me on Twitter or subscribe via RSS.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And here I thought wikipedia was worthless! Thanks so much ageless-dewey-like Julie.

A. Nonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. Nonymous said...

Gwolly. I won something and I wasn't even trying. Wowzer. Email sent.

PS (for those unaware, my award does have a movie history to it): The Golden Grapefruit - my homage to the wonderful Mae Clark and to Hollywood's classic age of movies.

bloomer said...

Sorry I'm a bit slow, but is the competition title a play on words, i.e., SILVER SCREENwriting?

I have to confess I didn't get "Silver Screenwriting" at first. Was it named after someone named Silver? Was it the Silver anniversary of something? It took me a day and a half for the "Oh, now I get the Golden Age reference..." to sink in.

Just a thought to consider when marketing:)