My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.justeffing.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Mini-W Reviews: The Pineapple Express


...and the Wave-inatrix is going broke. But hey, the kid, she wants to earn money and have fun doing it. Man, I had to wash the car when I was growing up. But anyway:

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS

You know when you go to see a movie that looks really great and you walk out of the theater fully disappointed? Pineapple Express leaves you with the opposite feeling.

Starring Seth Rogen and James Franco, this hilarious stoner comedy is a must see. It’s packed with action, friendship, and stoner fun. It will leave you with so many jokes afterwards that you should probably try to avoid non-Pineapple Express viewers for at least an hour. The story stars out with Dale (Rogen), a stoner who delivers legal documents, and has a mundane existence, until he witnesses a murder and leaves some rare weed at the scene. He promptly flees to his dealer Saul (Franco) a lovable loser who Dale doesn’t really want to be friends with.

The two embark on a crazy journey and eventually become best friends. The highlight of the film is definitely James Franco. His character is lovable, funny, and all around great. I am a big Seth Rogen fan, but when I saw Franco in this it gave me a new appreciation for him. Out of all the movies I watched this summer, Pineapple Express was definitely my favorite. It’s one of those movies where you just can’t stop laughing the whole time. I recommend this movie to all people over like… 13. Overall, I give this film a five out of five jelly beans, and I’d say that it’s worth the ticket, no questions asked.

If you enjoyed this post, follow me on Twitter or subscribe via RSS.

1 comment:

millar prescott said...

Wow! Really? That pretty much empties your bag. Are you sure you don't want to save some for later?