My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.justeffing.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Silver Screenwriting Competition!

Well - weeee're off and running! Wavers can check out our Silver Screenwriting Competition website HERE. We are open for business. The deadline is July 1st, so get busy, people!

I paid careful attention to the wish list that Rouge Wavers gave us in terms of prizes and I hope that I captured what you wanted; exposure, experience and cool stuff. I'm still looking for a very special TBA guest to lunch with the Grand Prize winner; hopefully I'll have a thrilling late announcement when we find that special someone. So far I have requests out to Paul Haggis, John August, Diablo Cody and Allan Ball. If that's shooting too high this year, you can be sure we'll get someone of that stature next year.

If you enjoyed this post, follow me on Twitter or subscribe via RSS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,
My script is a thriller.
But it's crowded with action,violence,swearings...but overall it's a love story.

I don't know if I should apply.

I have won first prize in another contest.

But just undecided?

Can you help.

Regards,
Ben
www.hollywoodtoronto.com

Julie Gray said...

Ben - a good script is a good script, regardless of genre. If you feel the script rocks and you'd like a fun trip to LA - by all means, submit.

DougJ said...

30 page minimum? Really?

Another suggestion for a prize: A promise that you won't produce a stage version of our screenplay for everyone to laugh at (when it wasn't a comedy but a 240 page Star Trek epic).