My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.justeffing.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Writing Quotes


Well my dear Wavers, the Wave-inatrix has had a grave family emergency and won't be able to post regularly for another few days. Prayers and good thoughts are very much appreciated. A lot of them. So for today, I found some quotes about writing that I really like:


It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
-Robert Benchley

We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.

-Ray Bradbury

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
-Henry David Thoreau:

Writing is an occupation in which you have to keep proving your talent to those who have none.
-Jules Renard

Never trust the teller; trust the tale
-D.H. Lawrence

Don't use words too big for the subject. Don't say 'infinitely' when you mean 'very'; otherwise you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.
-C.S. Lewis


If you enjoyed this post, follow me on Twitter or subscribe via RSS.

6 comments:

Luzid said...

I don't pray (I'm an atheist, so I have no religion, and studies show it actually has no positive effect), but you have my hope that everything will be okay for you and yours.

Anonymous said...

sending good wishes and prayers to you and your family, julie.
the quotes you've chosen are brilliant BTW!

Unknown said...

Julie,
Prayers, best wishes, hope all is well.

Regards,
Mike

Anonymous said...

Another nonbeliever. But I know everything will work out Julie!

PJ McIlvaine said...

Life sucks sometimes, doesn't it?You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

A Who said...

just read this post now, so I am sending good thoughts, and more prayers your way.

Take Care,
Love, Hugs, and Peace

~P