My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.justeffing.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Labor Day Holiday

Well, Rouge Wavers - the Wave-inatrix is signing off until next Tuesday, September 4th. I'm going on vacation. That's right - me, a mai tai and a slideshow of that time we went to Hawaii when I was in 5th grade. I jest. I'm not that pathetic. I'm actually going to stay home and read. I'm planning to start one book: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and finish reading a book I haven't been able to put down: When a Crocodile Eats the Sun: a Memoir of Africa by Peter Godwin.

Do Rouge Wavers have any fun plans? Any movies lined up? I'll see everybody next week!

If you enjoyed this post, follow me on Twitter or subscribe via RSS.

2 comments:

Fun Joel said...

I've heard great things about Eat Pray Love, though I think it may be just a tad too feminine for my tastes! :-)

But I'd love to hear from you about the Africa book, seeing as I will (God willing) be heading there very soon!

Geena said...

I was in Borders books, magazine section. Picked up Psychology Today and read a cover article on rejection. The article is online http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20070622-000001.xml. The magazine version also mentioned Annabelle Gurwitch had Woody Allen tell her "Everything you doing looks terrible. It's all wrong. You look retarded" then he fired her. Sound familiar? It can take some adjustment to the harsh nature of rejection and feedback in screenwriting, as well as the motivations behind them. Annabelle has a website on Fired! http://www.firedbyannabellegurwitch.com/press.cfm