My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.justeffing.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Ask the Wave-inatrix

Monday, Monday - yes indeed. Summer is upon us, the 4th of July is coming up and life is good. Or is it? Query letter got you down? Competition guidelines confusing you? Can't seem to find the contact information you need? Wondering how to slug a magma-filled cave? The Wave-inatrix lines are open.

Go ahead. ASK.

The Wave-inatrix will either know the answer or make something very entertaining up. Either way, you can't lose.

If you enjoyed this post, follow me on Twitter or subscribe via RSS.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wave-inatrix,

Just a quick note to say hello and thanks. I want you to know that I really enjoy your blog and find the information really helpful. So, here I am trying to network. I'm working through your great notes on my last script - you can expect a new version shortly.

Cheers,

Paul (ice cream man)

Ernest said...

OK, I'll bite.

Magma-filled cave. INT or EXT?

Julie Gray said...

Paul: so glad the Rouge Wave has been helpful!

Ernest: despite the fact that you flagrantly bucked the rules about where and how to post questions, out of the goodness of my heart, I will suggest:

EXT. MOUTH OF A CAVE - DAY
The gaping maw of a cave stood out in the cliffside. Faint flickers split the darkness mysteriously.

INSIDE THE CAVE
Glowing magma moved stealthily toward the feet of ERNEST (40s) explorer and smart ass.

Anonymous said...

How'd yuh git yer job?

How'd us greenhorns git a job like your'n?

Julie Gray said...

Dear YSTBLB:

okay about that thing with your brother; it's in the past!

think twice about getting into reading; there has just been quite a kerfuffle with the Story Analyst Local 854 and a lot of readers are out of work right now. I have a call in to the union and will be reporting on the RW shortly.