My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.justeffing.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Kurt Vonnegut and Story Graphs


A very dear friend lent me A Man Without a Country, a sort of memoir/musing hybrid by Kurt Vonnegut and I read it in one sitting yesterday evening. It was a Friday evening and I had opportunities to do other things but once I picked up the book I couldn't put it down. What a delightful read. Vonnegut muses on life, fossil fuels, writing and the fact that "We are here on earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different." And this - I love this: "What you can become is the miracle you were born to be through the work that you do."

I was especially delighted by the story graphs in Chapter Three. They are so basic and make such sense. The Kafka graph made me laugh. Start low. Proceed downward...to infinity. For those of you who may not have seen these graphs, click HERE and enjoy. Kurt Vonnegut passed away in April, 2007 and I just have to say that Kurt is up in heaven now. That's something he found very funny and I just had to say it.

Have a lovely weekend, Wavers and don't forget about the bulletin board items of yesterday. I'm too lazy to type that all again but click HERE to refresh your memory - Script Department Table Read, Creative Screenwriting Expo and of course, the latest short scene competition right here on the Rouge Wave.


If you enjoyed this post, follow me on Twitter or subscribe via RSS.

No comments: