My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.justeffing.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Run for the Roses


This week, the Wave-inatrix guest lectured at a UCLA online novel-writing class! How fun! And I did it in my jammies! The students asked fantastic questions about screenwriting and I think we all learned a little something about each other and the art of telling a story. Turns out that we have more in common than one would have thought possible.

If any Wavers have ever taken an online writing course at UCLA, I highly recommend it. It's a great experience and in this instance, I was beyond honored that the teacher, novelist Caroline Leavitt, recently published by Algonquin, thought this crazy redhead would have something to say to her class. Thank you again, Caroline - what a pleasure. I hope your students recover soon and that nobody sues me. I don't know what made me say that about Norman Mailer but I totally take it back.

As I post this, there are only 14 hours left in the Short Scene voting here on The Rouge Wave. That means voting ends early tomorrow morning. If you haven't taken time to vote, please do. Though Andy at Bat seems to be the clear winner - you never know. Let's nobody break any ankles getting over the finish line. Ohhh that made me so sad. Seabiscuit my ass. Somebody needs to bust that whole industry wide open. Oops, I did it again. Digressed.


If you enjoyed this post, follow me on Twitter or subscribe via RSS.

No comments: